Evil Dead: Virtual Nightmare is a Virtual Reality (VR) video game released by Boomdash Studios on August 2nd, 2018 for Oculus GO and Samsung Gear VR. The game is described as a "shooter" that loosely follows the events of the 2013 Evil Dead film.
(From the Oculus website): When the discovery of an ancient book unleashes an evil curse, you find yourself trapped in a desolated cabin in the woods. Your only chance for survival is to make a run for it. But with demonic forces lurking in the shadows, you’re not completely alone… evil is here!Evil Dead: Virtual Nightmare is a petrifying first-person endless runner that will immerse you in a frightening world thanks to VR. Roam around the Evil Dead cabin and discover new missions found in the Book of the Dead. Unlock boosts, pick-up new weapons and gather some courage as you frantically race to stay alive! Dare you enter the Evil Dead forest for the ultimate VR horror experience?
- First-person endless runner set in centre of the Evil Dead universe
- Unlock challenging missions from the Book Of The Dead
- Explore multiple environments including the infamous cabin
- Engage in battle with powerful bosses
- Discover an arsenal of iconic weaponry
- Record times, distances and killing achievements