Dead By Daylight is a survival horror video game produced by Behavior Interactive and published by Starbreeze Studios. The game was first released for Microsoft Windows in 2016, but was later released for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in 2017. Though the game has many original characters (both survivors and killers), it also features officially licensed characters and themed-maps from A Nightmare On Elm Street, Halloween, Saw, Left 4 Dead, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Ash Vs Evil Dead, Stranger Things, Fun World's Ghost Face, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Crypt TV, and Hellraiser.
Four players are chosen as survivors while one player is selected as the killer. The killer hunts down the survivors as they try to elude the killer and repair randomly placed generators across the map. As the players continue to level up their characters, special teachable perks can be unlocked to use on other survivors or killers.
Ash Vs Evil Dead DLC
Announcement & Release
On March 28th, 2019, Ash Williams was announced as a playable survivor character as part of an Ash Vs Evil Dead-themed DLC, with Bruce Campbell reprising his role. Prior to the official announcement of Ash coming to the game, several teachable perks unlocked from the Ash character were accidentally leaked following an update for the game on March 19th, 2019. On April 2nd, 2019, the Ash Vs Evil Dead DLC was officially released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Ash's Character Overview
- Flip Flop: 50% of the user's recovery progress is converted into wiggle progress when the killer picks the user up.
- The quote on the description of this perk ("Catch ya on the flip flop") comes from the episode El Jefe.
- Buckle Up: The user can determine the recovery progress of downed survivors when they are within a 48 meter radius of the user. When the user has healed a dying survivor into the injured state, they and the survivor can see the aura of the killer player for several seconds, giving you and the healed player an advantage.
- The quote on the description of this perk ("Ghost Beaters never leave a man behind") comes from the episode Rifting Apart.
- Mettle of Man: Mettle of Man activates after the user takes three protection hits. When the third protection hit is taken, the Endurance status effect is gained, and they can ignore one hit from the killer that would put the user into the dying state. When you are healed from injured to healthy after Mettle of Man activates, the user's aura is revealed to the killer when outside of a certain radius. Mettle of Man deactivates when you enter the dying state post-activation.
- The quote on the description of this perk ("Evil has a bullseye on my back the size of Tiger Stadium") comes from the episode The Mettle of Man.
Ash is the first licensed character in the game with multiple customized outfits and hands, inspired by episodes of the Ash Vs Evil Dead series. These outfits include:
- ValueStop Uniform (from El Jefe) with Wooden Hand (El Jefe to Books From Beyond).
- Hawaiian Shirt & Shorts (from Home) with Ashy Slashy puppet (Delusion and Ashy Slashy).
- Post-Apocalyptic Jacket & Pants (from The Mettle of Man).
- This game marks the fourth time Ash Williams has been a guest character in a video game series that had no prior connections to the Evil Dead franchise, following Poker Night 2 (where he was a non-playable character), Family Guy: The Quest For Stuff (as a NPC) and Deploy And Destroy (the first instance where Ash was a playable character).
- Ash is the first licensed character in the game to be voiced by their original on-screen actor. It was also the first time Campbell has portrayed Ash since announcing his "retirement" from the role following the cancellation of the Ash Vs Evil Dead television series.